Personal Care Attendant

One Personal Care Attendant (PCA) may accompany a rider at no additional charge. However, you must notify NWTHRA when your trip reservation is made that you need a PCA to travel with you. A PCA must be a responsible adult age 18 or older. If a person demonstrates they do not have the skills required for “curb-to-curb” service, and arrangements have not been made with persons at both the pick-up and drop-off location to provide needed assistance, NWTHRA will require a PCA travel with the person. If the person elects not to provide a PCA, then NWTHRA Public Transportation Program is not the correct transportation service for them. In this case, the person will need to seek alternative transportation.